Why invest in funds?
Spread your investment and get the benefits of expert management
Funds give you access to lowered risk through diversification, hard-to-reach markets and professional management
- Get instant diversification and access to hard-to-reach markets.
- Expert management: When you invest in funds, you put your money in the hands of experienced managers. While this means you need to pay a management charge, it also means you get the benefit of having a professional choose investments for you.
- Flexibility: a selection of funds can comprise your entire portfolio or individual funds can be used to gain exposure to a specific market or type of investment asset.
- Protect gains from tax: many funds can be held in an Investment ISA or SIPP account. This means you can take advantage of the relevant tax benefits offered by these accounts. This favourable tax treatment can change in future and its value to you depends on individual circumstances.
Things to remember
- As with all investments the value of funds can fall as well as rise and you may get back less than you invested.
- Investing without advice is not for everyone. If you are unsure, you should seek independent advice.