Funds - Fund Disclosures. Find out more about investing in Funds with Barclays Stockbrokers. Choose from a range of investment accounts and assets.
Funds: Important Information & Disclosures
Key Investor Information Document (KIID) / Simplified Prospectus
Before we can purchase a fund on your behalf we must confirm that you have accessed and read the most recent version of the fund’s Key Investor Information Document (KIID) or Simplified Prospectus. This document includes important information about investing in the fund including the nature of the investment and the risks, and should be read carefully.
The KIID or Simplified Prospectus for each fund can be downloaded from our Fund Factsheets, which are available online through Barclays Stockbrokers Funds Research. Alternatively, we will post a copy of the document to you on request.
The following points relate to funds deals:
- The 'Last Price' is the last price published by the fund manager , normally at the close of business the previous day.
- The fund price is published by the manager as either a single or dual price as appropriate to the fund; a dual price quotes separate prices for selling and buying. The buying price will normally include the initial charge if one can be applied on the fund; no initial charges are payable on purchases placed through Barclays Stockbrokers Funds Market.
- All funds are dealt on a forward pricing basis.
- Most Fund Managers have a daily cut off point for accepting instructions to be placed for the next valuation. Barclays Stockbrokers operates internal cut-off points in advance of the Fund Managers’ cut-offs in order to transmit deal instructions to each fund manager in good time, Internal cut-offs are normally a number of hours in advance of the Fund Manager cut-off.
- Orders received prior to Barclays Stockbrokers cut off time will be passed to the appropriate fund managers for dealing at the next available valuation point, normally on the same business day. Orders received after this internal cut off time will be passed to the fund manager for dealing at the following available point, normally the next business day. This reflects standard practice for dealing in funds.
- The deal confirmation screen indicates the date we expect your instruction to be placed. Should it be necessary to confirm which date your deal instruction will be priced by the Fund Manager then please contact us to discuss.
- Cancellation rights do not apply to orders placed through Barclays Stockbrokers.
- Funds are dealt on an execution only basis.
- Fund sales may only be placed on fully settled holdings. You should not instruct a sale on a purchase which is not yet settled and appears in your “Account History” as having done so.
- Under certain circumstances a dilution levy or other charges may be charged by the fund manager.
Fund Administration Fee
As of 1 January 2016 the Fund Administration Fee applies to all fund holdings. RDR regulations require an investment service such as ours to charge you directly for the administration services we provide.
We do not receive trail commission from the fund manager on any holdings.
The fee is 0.35% per year on the value of your chargeable fund holdings, and is calculated on the daily value of your holdings. A minimum charge of £35 per year applies which again is calculated daily and is charged quarterly.
Visit the RDR section of our website for more information
- Please note we may add or remove funds to or from the Funds Market without notification. You can check whether a fund is included in the Funds Market at any time via the Funds Research or by calling us.
- Please remember that the value of funds can go down as well as up and you may in fact get back less than you invested.
- If you are unsure about the suitability of trading in funds for your investment needs you should speak to an independent financial advisor.