Why choose the Barclays Stockbrokers Investment (stocks and shares) ISA?
Our Investment ISA is flexible, giving you choice
With the Barclays Stockbrokers Investment ISA you’re in control. You create a tax-efficient portfolio to suit your objectives and attitude to risk. It’s flexible – giving you a wide choice of investments. And you’ve got the freedom to change them, whenever you like.
- Making investment decisions is not for everyone
- If you’re unsure, we suggest that you ask for independent advice
- The value of investments can rise or fall and you may not get back what you invested
- You should also be aware that tax rules concerning ISAs may change in the future.
Investment ISA benefits
- Tax smart - With ISAs, you aren’t subject to Capital Gains Tax (CGT) on any increases in the value of your investments, or Income Tax on interest or dividends earned
- Flexibility - Cash you withdraw from a flexible ISA can be replaced during the same tax year without counting towards your annual ISA allowance. This is known as ISA flexibility
- Choice of investments - You can decide where to invest your money. Choose from more than 2,000 funds or select UK stocks and shares, Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs) or gilts and bonds
- Easy management - You can view and change your investments online and get up-to-date valuations at any time
- Help and support - Use powerful tools and the latest research and analysis to select investments. Our UK-based client service team are on hand to answer your questions. Call us on 0808 231 4905*
Lower charges for most investors
We are changing the way we charge for funds. This is part of industry wide changes to make it easier to understand how you are charged. The changes are:
- Lower dealing commissions – £1 off every deal and fewer deals needed to move to a lower commission tier
- Low ISA Administration Fee of only £30+VAT per year or no ISA Administration Fee at all if you invest only in funds
- Access to new lower cost 'clean share classes' from Fund Managers who will no longer pay them a trail commission
- Introducing a competitive Fund Administration Fee, payable directly to Barclays Stockbrokers
Save money with our Funds Market
You don’t pay initial charges for a fund included in our Funds Market – saving you between £115 and £634**. What’s more, you don’t have to pay dealing commissions and administration charges when you fully invest in the Fund Market.
All your ISAs in one place
Perhaps you’ve already got one or more ISAs. It can be difficult and time-consuming to keep track of them all. Having your funds in one Investment ISA could make it easier to see how your money is doing – and make changes to your investments.
The transfer will not affect the tax benefit the ISA receives and it will not count against this year’s tax allowance though you should be sure that you will not suffer any penalties or other disadvantages before transferring. Your existing ISA provider may charge you transfer processing costs. Simply tell us about the costs you've paid after your account has been transferred and we'll refund up to £500.***
Things to Remember:
- The value of your investments can fall as well as rise and you may get back less than you initially invested.
- Investing is not for everyone, if you are unsure please seek independent advice.
- Tax rules can change and whether they benefit you will depend on your circumstances.
Ready to invest?